Redhat 5.1 Printtool bug?

Post by Moses Fridma » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am having a problem configuring a printer with Redhat Linux 5.1 and
Printtool.  I want to add an HP dj540 to my system, on lp1.  When I use
Printtool to configure the printer, the result is that I get a
postscript.cfg file of 0 length in /var/spool/lpd/lp.  The result, of
course, is that postscript doesn't print.

I have reproduced this bug on a different installation of Redhat 5.1,
with the same behavior.

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Moses

1. Major SCSI bug in RedHat 5.1

I installed RedHat 5.0 and 5.1 on the same hardware - ALR Rev 6x6,
quad Pentium Pro, Adaptec SCSI controller on the motherboard, 4.3GB
ultrawide hard disk.

With 5.0 it takes about 15 seconds to format a 128MB swap file. With
5.1 it takes 5-10 _minutes_. Imagine how long it will take to format
my 1.6GB /home partition! Symptoms: 5.1 formats a small part of the
swap, then stops for a while, then does another small segment, etc.
During the pauses, there is no disk activity at all, and the CPU
shows about 10% utilization.

Any suggestions?

2. multi-Serial board

3. RH 5.1 Printtool sed error?

4. configuration of wu-ftpd for anonymous like user access

5. BUG REPORT: Redhat 5.1 errata (another one)

6. Looking for Rochade users

7. bug between Redhat 5.1 and accalx 4.1

8. telnet help

9. upgrade from Redhat Linux 5.0 to redhat linux 5.1

10. RedHat 5.0 to RedHat 5.1

11. If REDHAT is listening, suggestions for Redhat 5.1

12. Redhat 5.0 --> Redhat 5.1

13. upgrade from Redhat 5.0 to Redhat 5.1