1. deleted isapnp.conf and conf.modules
I'm running RH6.1.
I finally got all my peripherals working ... except my sound card. So I
ran sndconfig, which edits my isapnp.conf and conf.modules, but copies
the originals to *.bak. Well, sndconfig crashed while I was running it
and I had to run it again. Stupid as I am, I forgot that the new *.bak
files would overwrite the true original isapnp.conf and conf.modules
After I finish sndconfig, I find my sound works but modem doesn't work.
The debug file says that it can't find /dev/ttyS1 . I ran:
and find that there are some improper configurations. Unfortunately, I
lost the original isapnp.conf and conf.modules so I can't get back to a
set of working files. I ran:
isapnp --config > /etc/isapnp.conf
I get a configuration that seems to operate properly. Unfortunately, my
modem still doesn't work. I already tried rebooting too. Here are my
1) Does sndconfig change the isapnp.gone file so that the --config flag
2) Are there any other files that could have gotten edited?
3) There must be something wrong with my conf.modules but I don't
remember there being any alias commmands for the modem before. Could
you send a sample line if so? Is there any other way to configure the
4) The original isapnp.conf and conf.modules were created during the RH
6.1 installation process. Is there any way to run the same
thanks a bunch, I'm dieing
2. YDL 2.3 and c500 w/newertech g3
3. !!! pnpdump will not output to isapnp.conf...HELP!!
4. alsa driver setting(fm801)
5. isapnp.conf file please??
7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!
8. Backspace produces ^H in telnet session
9. SB 16 Vibra isapnp.conf
10. ISAPNP.CONF, MODEM and IRQ: need help
11. Do I _need_ isapnp.conf ?
13. configuring isapnp.conf