Red Hat installation: how long should I wait?

Red Hat installation: how long should I wait?

Post by Robert Wilso » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Red Hat on a 25 Mhz 386.  HD (80 Mb) is
partitioned into a Linux sector and a swap sector.

All goes well on installation (from PCW cover disk) until after the bit
where I'm asked about partitioning the drive.  Then a screen comes up
saying that it's looking for installation files.  The HD does something
for a while, and the CD does something for a very short while, and then
nothing seems to happen at all.

Should I wait a long time for a new message, while it sorts out what to
install?  If so, how long could it conceivably take with a slow PC?

Is it broken?

Or is it confused because there is no DOS partition on the disk?

Help!
--
Robert Wilson

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. etherboot + X + ICA-Client ....

3. red hat 6.2 installation hangs during package installation step

4. Questions with present or future support in Linux.

5. Red Hat 7.2 installation fails to recognize the keyboard during installation

6. Can' get fips to work

7. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

8. What about resetting?

9. FTP Connect, wait for welcome, then nothing on Red Hat 5.1?

10. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

11. Sendmail wait on Red Hat 3.0.3?

12. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

13. The Red Hats are coming, the Red Hats are coming