Can't Configure "Diamond Viper VLB 2mb" with Caldera 2.2 and XF86

Can't Configure "Diamond Viper VLB 2mb" with Caldera 2.2 and XF86

Post by No Nam » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a Dell Dimension 466V with the Diamond Viper VLB 2mb video card.
While installing Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 every time I entered graphic mode a
solid gray screen is displayed. Sometimes the screen is black or blinks with
vertical lines. I have completed the installation using alternative methods
and I am now attempting to configure the desktop server using XF86Setup and
I get the same gray screen. If anyone else has learned anything about this

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Wood