RH6.2: Power Management in Text Mode

Post by Bosco Tsa » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:44:16

Due to resources limitation, I am using RedHat 6.22 in text mode. My
monitor have standby mode (yellow light), which works when I use it
with Windows. However, on the Linux environment, when the system is
idle for a few minute, it will blank the screen, but the monitor is
still on power mode (green light still on) and it's still hot. As the
blank screen operation is done via Linux, just wonder if there is any
config or way that I can set so that when it blank screen, it will
turn on the standby mode as well?