.redirect not redirecting to some places

.redirect not redirecting to some places

Post by marce » Thu, 30 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Maybe this is not the most apropriate place to ask about it
but hope can b insteresting to many.

Did any one of you ever heard about a problem in the
.redirect file?

My one is not redirecting to a lot of domains

And I can't understand why!

If any one have the anwser please email me back!

Thanks for read

Marcelo

1. Apache Redirect/ReWrite for redirecting old->new domains?

Hello:

I'm having some difficulty getting Apache to redirect page requests with
an informative message.  My place of employment is moving from their old
domain name to a new one.  We now have both of these domain names active,
both of which point to the same server.  Although we will be phasing out
the old address very soon, people continue accessing the pages at the old
address, hence the reason for the redirect.

Putting something like <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh"
"CONTENT=05;URL=http://newdomain.com/newpage"> in all our pages is not
an optimal solution because (a) there are hundreds of pages that would
need to be updated, (b) this solution doesn't display an informative
message before the redirect, and (c) Apache provides a better solution.

I've tried using a RedirectMatch:

RedirectMatch http://olddomain.com/~test/(.*) http://newdomain.com/~test/$1

Unfortunately, any pages access in .../~test do not redirect, but access
from the olddomain.com.

I've also tried a RewriteRule:

RewriteRule http://olddomain.com/~test/.* http://newdomain.com/~test/$1 [R=301L]

This also doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to redirect visitors to all pages (or some pages in a
given directory or directories) with an informative message that appears
for about 5 seconds from the old access point to the new one?  (Notice I
say "access point" instead of "old page to new page" -- since the pages
are the _same_ as the old and new addresses point to the same server)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >--------------

2. Device Major Numbers

3. redirect sound card redirected to /dev/null

4. konsole and 5 key on numberpad

5. : Weird ">" redirect behavior vs. ">>" redirect behavior

6. Netscape 2.0b6 Java -- bus error

7. Port Redirect works but doesn't redirect internal traffic

8. COFF-binaries in Linux? (Pleas Help)

9. redirecting stdio/err many times to many places

10. Redirecting stdout to More Than One Place

11. Redirect 404 - File not found

12. Redirect stderr and not stdout?

13. How to redirect stderr (not stdout) coming from tar in csh/sh