InfoMagic CD install-Reveal 4X (Goldtar R540GD) IDE/TAPI CDROM

InfoMagic CD install-Reveal 4X (Goldtar R540GD) IDE/TAPI CDROM

Post by robert beav » Mon, 10 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I found and solved the problem with the install.  Reading from the CDROM
would result in an unexpected end of file.  The console was giving a
botched buffer error.  It turns out that SETUP was remounting my CDROM on
/var/adm/mount with a block size set to 1024!  I modified the
installation script INSCD to mount with a block size of 2048 and the
install went fine!  Of course I had to use sed to make the changes (the
boot floppies didn't include an editor!).  Of course, I had to modify the
fstab to do the same after the install was done.

This was probably discussed, but I missed it.  Sorry for posting--I
should have known I could do it...Yeah right!  8)

Bob

1. InfoMagic CDROM Installation on Reveal 4X CDROm

I hate to ask this again, but I have more information, so thought it
would be okay...8)

I'm trying to install InfoMagic's Slackware 2.2, Kernel 1.2 Linux
distribution on CDROM.  I have a Reveal 4X CDROM on an IDE/TAPI
interface.  I created the boot diskettes as appropriate and boot, create
my partitions, and start the setup.  All goes well until it starts to
read from CDROM, I get an unexpected end of file and the following error
message on the console:

hdc: cdrom_read_from_buffer:    buffer botch (312575)
end_request: I/O error, drv 1600, sector 312575

I exited SETUP and changed to the mounted directory.  the files were
there as expected, but when I did a "cat" on a readme.lns and readme.dos
file, the file stopped and gave the above error message (different
sectors of course).  Because the sector's are changing, I don't think
it's the media, but I could be wrong.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks
Bob Beaver

2. X-Windows and S3

3. Goldstar 540 4X CDROM (Reveal 4x CDROm)

4. Redhat 5 and 3C900 Boomerang

5. LINUX won't recognize IDE REVEAL 4X CD-ROM

6. USB PenDisk mount/umount; mount: No medium found ???

7. Slackware 2.1 Support for Reveal 4X IDE-type CD-ROM

8. IMAP server for Linux?

9. New REVEAL 4X IDE CD ROM

10. Can't use REVEAL 4X IDE CD-ROM

11. Reveal 4x CDROM Install

12. Installing InfoMagic's Linux with TEAC 4X CDROM