Redhat5.2/mouse & keyboard problem

1. PS/2 mouse with AWE 32 PnP card freezes my keyboard & mouse ???

I don't know if this is best asked here or in the setup group, but I
have to pick one, so..

I am curently running Mandrake v6.1 on an IBM PC350-P100 with a Netgear
NIC, SB AWE32 PnP ISA sound card and a Kensington Orbit trackball
connected to the PS/2 mouse port. This all works just fine, as long as I
don't startx or touch the mouse prior to running isapnp. If I do, the
keyboard/mouse freeze and unless I can telnet to the system to enter a
re-boot command the only other option is to power off the system.

Until this release 7.0 of Mandrake I could always deal with it by
copying an archived copy of isapnp.conf into /etc and rebooting after
installing a new release. Once that was done, it was no longer a
problem.  Now, I need to solve the original problem or learn how to pass
isapnp parameters at boot time. The new Mandrake graphic install starts
X and freezes my system before I can do anything.

Any and all related suggestions would be welcome.  I have long since
exhausted ideas on how to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance,  Les

2. Linux & Future Domain SCSI card TMC-850

3. Sunblade 1000 & a Non-Sun USB Keyboard & Mouse...

4. XV, SEYON

5. keyboard & mouse problems

6. Convert Shell Script to C-Program?

7. Mouse Problems for TI-TravelMate 4000E && Quickport Mouse

8. configure can't find libraries in /usr/lib...

9. FreeBSD 4.* problem with mouse & keyboard

10. KDE problem: keyboard & mouse dead

11. Problems with a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse chained to the keyboard

12. RedHat5 Keyboard problem