Linux starts ok, BUT...(???)

Post by Jorge Daval » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

  I'm a newbie to this Linux thing. I just got one book with a CD included
(The Complete Linux Kit). It took me a while, but I finally installed Linux.
Now, I could say everything goes great except for couple of things...

  When I start Linux I get this two lines:

Unknown PCI device. PCI vendor id=9. PCI device id=1001
Unknown PCI device. PCI vendor id=3. PCI device id=88f0

  One of the last messages just before getting the login line, I got:

Error: module's 'kernel_version' doesn't match the current kernel. Check the
module is correct for the kernel, then recompile the module with the correct
'kernel_version.'

  Last, but not the least... When I try to run startx (after using
xf86config), I got:

  S3: Unknown S3 chipset: chip_id=0xfffff0e1 rev. 31

  *** None of the configured devices was detected. ***

  I have a Zeos Pantera P90 system, with 16M, 1GB IDE HD, Stealh 64 VRAM (2M)
I've gone through the xf86config program several times, but no luck at all,
any ideas???

  Thanxs in advance!

1. "nu bee:-)" ok ok ok

Please send Help,
      First time loading Linux 5.2 redhat    Not sure what to partition in
the custom mode.    I have 2 hard drives, pri1 is 8gig and pri2 is 2gig,sec1
is cdrom,sec2 is empty.     Primary drive 1(pri1) is loaded with Win98)~:, I
want to load Linux onto pri2 (primary drive 2) and dual boot.    What is the
best way to do this?     Any advice would be helpful.

              Thank You,

                         Matthew

2. Iomega Ditto Max Tape Drive ?

3. Printcap OK, Postscript OK, together NOT OK - HELP!

4. set/pkgtool not running.

5. Games on Linux -- starting to look OK

6. Adaptec 2920 Problem under RedHat 5.1

7. OK, OK, Linux is great but does it...

8. printing solution pertaining to "official name" problem

9. OK, OK... so LINUX is just awesome!

10. dns update from dhcp server ok for windows clients, not ok for linux (dhclient) clients

11. Server Push (Linux: ok, Solaris 2.5: not ok)

12. Win95 <-> Linux ok | Linux <-> Internet ok | Win95 <-> Linux <-> Internet NOT ok!

13. Starting FreeBSD 4.0 with Linux or starting Linux with FreeBSD