PCMCIA on IBM 560

Post by Jont Alle » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Olin,
I use the PCMCIA modem and ethernet card, and have no problem
at all. When I want to shut down, I pull out the card before,
or it wont go into suspend mode. Then when I start up again, I
open the lid, and insert the card. This all works with out any
hitch.

I do have a problem that I cant figure out however. If I go to
battery power, the system hangs after about 5 mins. This has
to do with apm in the kernel I think. Another kernel does not do this,
that doesn't have apm in the system. You might try my .config
and gen a new kernel to see if that is the problem. If you
want to try this, send me email, and I can send you the file.
jont allen

1. Problem with IBM Thinkpad 560 and Raven PCMCIA CD-ROM

Hi,

I have installed Slackware 3.3 with kernel 2.0.30 on an IBM Thinkpad
560. It contains 2 PCMCIA cards, slot 0 has a Megahertz
ethernet/faxmodem card and slot 1 contains a RAVEN CDNOTE 4X PCMCIA SCSI
card. When I boot from the diskette using pcmcia.gz image, the cd rom is
detected and I was able to install Linux from the CD. After rebooting, I
get no response from SCSI controller 0, drive 0..and my system hangs.
The CD is set to Address 5, even when changing to address 0 it doesn't
help. If I reboot from the diskette and mount my hard drive, then remove
the /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia file, reboot then I do not get the error.
Obviously I no longer have PCMCIA support!
What is the bare.i, pcmcia.gz images on the diskette doing differently
than the installed kernel?

The I/O address of the card is 230 with IRQ 10. Windows 95 sees this as
a RAVEN KXLC002 pcmcia card and linux sees it as a Qlogic card.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rob

2. How to use squid and other ports

3. BogoMips, IBM ThinkPad 560 & 3C589 PCMCIA net adapter

4. sleep, multiple alarms on a single process

5. 5.1 on IBM Thinkpad 560 and IBM CDROM

6. mgetty fails to reset modem

7. DLink DE-560 (PCMCIA) driver wanted !

8. Q: Serial port using IRQ 5

9. thinkpad 560 - problem with SCSI PCMCIA

10. Thinkpad 560 / PCMCIA Cdrom problem

11. Linux on a IBM ThinkPad 560

12. IBM Thinkpad 560 and X

13. Newbie: IBM Thinkpad 560 and Xfree86 3.2