Kernel compiling problem

Post by Ante Ska » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi. I tried to compile drivers foe my sound card in my kernel, but the
compillation was aborted with the following errormessage:

drivers/sound/sound.a(dev_table.o): In function
`sound_install_audiodrv':
dev_table.o(.text+0x9ea): undefined reference to `DMAbuf_init'
dev_table.o(.text+0x9ef): undefined reference to `audio_init'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I use SuSE Linux 6.0 (German). Before I used 5.2 and it worked prefectly!

greetings,

           Ante

--
By Ante Skaro

1. kernel compiling problems--kernel symbols not found

get_kernel_sys failed: Cannot find Kernel symbols!
that's what it says after i recompiled my linux (going from 2.0.29 to
2.0.30)  it works just fine, but displays few of those during the
startup.  i have nothing fancy, no x, no modem, no net, just ide hdd
and ide cdrom.  any ideas?  if you need more details, please, email me

thanks

2. Sharing swap space.

3. Network problem, kernel compile problem

4. CMI8330 Sound Card (on board)

5. Kernel compile problem with (P)GCC 2.95

6. Telnet in a non-interactive mode?

7. RH7 Kernel Compiling Problem - Need KGCC

8. IP releas problem. Please help!!!

9. 2.0.2 Kernel Compile Problems

10. kernel compiling problem

11. Kernel compiling problem

12. general kernel compiling problems on 164SX

13. 2.0 Kernel compile problems