Does Linux support Sis 620 multimedia chip set

Does Linux support Sis 620 multimedia chip set

Post by <yousufaf.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi guys,

Can any body tell me whether Linux supports Sis 620 multimedia chipset.
If it does how do I be able to install it on my Red Hat Linux 6.2 Gnome
Workstation. A detailed explanation is requested.

Thanks

Yousuf

Does Linux support Sis 620 multimedia chip set

Post by Lonni J. Friedma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Its been supported since XFree86-3.3.4 was released well over a year
ago.  No detailed explanation is needed, just follow the instructions
that RedHat provides.

> Hi guys,

> Can any body tell me whether Linux supports Sis 620 multimedia chipset.
> If it does how do I be able to install it on my Red Hat Linux 6.2 Gnome
> Workstation. A detailed explanation is requested.

1. Difficulty setting up video display with SiS 620 card

I am having difficulty setup my video display with X-widows.  The displayed
items (e.g. fonts, icons, toolbar) are huge and I can not seem to be able to
reduce them to their normal size.  Any suggestions ??

My parameters are:

Video Adapter: SiS 620 Rev 2A 8MB PCI
(I have changed "Device" section to include Option "hw_cursor", "noaccel",
"no_bitblt", and "linear" in appropriate format)
(I have also installed XF86_SVGA to /usr/X11R6/bin)

Monitor:  Packard Bell Model 1020  1321x1321

2. Accessing M$ Exchange server

3. Redhat Linux Driver for SIS 620

4. Sec. Vulnerability in newgrp(1)

5. SiS 620 in Linux

6. version of top for AIX

7. Sis 620 setup

8. Floppy Tape Drive

9. Where can I find information about SIS 620?

10. Thaks for all your help I finally got X working with my sis 620

11. does anybody setup sis 620 successfully? redhat 6.0

12. SiS 620 and XF68Config 3.4

13. 4.0.1 and (1) SiS 620 hardware accel (2) screen blanking