Qlogic Basic PCI Scsi and installing Linux

Qlogic Basic PCI Scsi and installing Linux

Post by Bob Recn » Tue, 14 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I cannot seem to get my Linux 1.2.8 (Infomagic August) to recognize the
Qlogic card when installing.  I've tried SCSINET1, SCSINET2, and SCSI
bootdisks to no avail.  Any clues?

Bob

Post by Paul Singe » Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> I cannot seem to get my Linux 1.2.8 (Infomagic August) to recognize the
> Qlogic card when installing.

Yes, I am having the same problem.  I tried all the boot images
available from ftp.cdrom.com for Slackwhare 3.0 and none of them
will recognize my Qlogic pci bus card.  The only clue I get is
a message saying that there is an unidentified PCI buss card with
a manufacture number 1077 and a device number of 1020 (this is
the Qlogic card)  According to the install docs the 1020 Qlogic
SCSI controler is supported.  I can only assume that it is not
supported with any of the provided boot images.  Where can we
get a boot image that will work with the Qlogic pci card so that I
can install Linux?

1. PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic ignored by scsi

I tried to install Linux with my boot drive attached to
a  PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic  card.  The system tells me
it can't recognize my PCI device.

I've seen this before on my friend's adaptec 2940, but
there is a special boot disk for that card that
recognizes it even after the system sais
it can't recognize the PCI device.

Is there a boot disk or some trick that will allow me
to use my card?  I'm trying to run slackware 3.0.

my system is
2.1 gig quantum scsi
3x NEC CDROM (where I'm going to install from)
PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic  card

-Thanks in advance

2. How to use dynamic addresses and hostnames with PPP?

3. HELP: Qlogic PCI!BASIC and Linux -> scsi: 0 hosts

4. Does setuid work in solaris?

5. results QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI - AM53C974

6. Rekordy MX

7. Qlogic Fast!SCSI PCI Basic

8. routing (repost)

9. Did anybody make Qlogic PCI Basic run with Linux?

10. HELP: QLogic PCI SCSI install troubles...

11. Qlogic PCI SCSI card support in Linux ???

12. QLogic Fast SCSI PCI and Linux

13. How well does Qlogic PCI SCSI controller work with Linux?