Joystick Install, How?

Post by Daniel Bus » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I am just getting Caldera up and running -- and I notice that I cannot
use my Joystick (analog,* off of a Creative SB 64 value).

I have found in the various How-To's that a loadable kernel module may
be needed. However, I cannot find any obvious choices to try loading
from lisa. Does anyone know if it is included in the Caldera Base? If
so, what is the name of the kernel module to load?

Does anyone know where I can get a joystick driver for Soundblaster64
value on Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Bush

battleground.wa.us

Joystick Install, How?

Post by jed » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I am just getting Caldera up and running -- and I notice that I cannot
>use my Joystick (analog,* off of a Creative SB 64 value).

        Got to fresmeat.net, do a search on joystick, download the
        source, compile the source, copy the resulting joy*.o file
        to /lib/modules/2.0.xx/misc & then type %insmod joystick.

        Don't let that process intimidate you.

        Add the line:
                insmod joystick
        at the end of your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file so
        the driver gets automagically loaded on your
        next boot.

        My arcade stick (only one on the market I think)
        works more or less fine under Mame with Bosconian.
        Still need to get a flight stick for StarWars tho... '-)

        On another tangent: I'd like to throw sharp heavy object
        at any fellow(s) who might have hurled testimonials regarding
        the PC games controller market at me. I'll still hold onto
        my commie Epyx 500XJ thankyouverymuch...

--
Hardly. Microsoft has brought the microcomputer OS to
the point where it is more bloated than even OSes from          |||

1. Joystick support with PS joystick

I have two PS joystick and my soundcard is AC'97 sound chip on board.
My linux distrio is debian 2.2 and my kernel is 2.2.19.
My sound card works well under linux.

I have tried the setting as follow
# modprobe joystick
this step seems OK.
# modprobe joy-console js_console=0x378,6,6,0,0,0
but it didn't work. Error msg: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

My /dev are as follow

/dev/js0 c 13, 0
/dev/js1 c 13, 1
/dev/js2 c 13, 2
/dev/js3 c 13, 3

Thanks a lot

2. Sony Vaio

3. Joystick support -- Error, no joysticks found

4. How to unzoo?

5. How to install joysticks

6. libneXtaw...

7. how to install joystick???

8. PCMCIA problems on boot...

9. Help installing a Joystick IN Linux

10. Joystick driver for ADB port using CH FLightstick Pro/Sidewinder

11. NO JOYSTICK recognition/AWE64G

12. Analog joystick fails on 2.4.10

13. Joystick support....