Red Hat Installation

Post by Steve Bajad » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

        I have been trying to install Red Hat from the CD  and get stuck at the
point of when it asks if you want to use local time or GMT time. I click
local time and it just hangs. I then have to reboot from the floppy to get
out of it.
                Steve

1. Pleae help!! Red Hat installation problem.

I'm sort of a newbie to Linux, though I've used DOS, UNIX, and Mac's
extensively. I recently bought Red Hat Linux Unleashed from SAMS, and tried to
install from the included Red Hat CD. (version 3.0.3)
        I used Partition Magic to make two
unformatted partitions, one for the primary file-system, the other for the
swap. I then used fdisk within the Red Hat installation to make the partitions
83 and 82, respectively. All the packages etc, installed fine, and I configured
LILO to boot Linux or DOS. However, when I rebooted, it gave an invalid
partition table, and woulddn't boot at all. I had to use a DOS boot-up disk and
delete the Linux partitions.
        Here's my setup:
                Intel Pentium-75 processor
                24 MB RAM
                Win95
                810 MB Hard drive
                        about 600 for main DOS/win95 partition
                        about 70 for main Linux partition
                        about 8 for linux swap
                        a few more DOS partitions
                Partitions made using Partition Magic.
        If anybody could help me with this, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much,
yzhang

2. Redhat 8 Screen Saver Broken

3. Updates to my DIY Red Hat Installation page

4. AMD 486-40 memory leak??

5. how to make a driver disk for Red hat installation

6. Please help me

7. Red hat installation on IDE hard drive???

8. Help me with boot time

9. adding SCSI tape drives to red hat installation

10. Red Hat Installation..."mount failed: Invalid Argument"

11. Red Hat installation - question...

12. Help needed for Red Hat installation on Toshiba 320CDS + Xircom modem/ethernet

13. red hat installation