Diamond Stealth 32 (PCI) supported in RedHat 6.1?

Diamond Stealth 32 (PCI) supported in RedHat 6.1?

Post by Pierre Vanie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm attempting to install RedHat 6.1 on my Pentium system.
Unfortunately, I think I may have one of the few unsupported video
cards, a Diamond Stealth 32 PCI.  Perhaps somebody can confirm this?

By the way, my video card is reported as a "Tseng Labs ET4000/W32 PCI"
by Windows 95.

At an early stage during the install of RedHat 6.1, I get an "Exception
Occured" window.  Here's some of the messages:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda.real",
line 225, in ?
  intf.run(todo, test = test)
/tmp/lib/python1.5/site-packages/xf86config.py", line 118, in cards
  card = cards[thecard]
KeyError: ET 4000 W32i

Here's some more info:
- I'm installing off a copy of RedHat 6.1 I downloaded from the web.
- I'm using the latest anaconda updates (boot and update disks).
- I've tried using both "linux updates" and "linux updates text" at the
lilo prompt without success.

Am I better off buying a cheap but supported video card?
Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance...
Pierre

1. Diamond Stealth 32 - PCI and XFree

Hi,

        I was wondering if anyone with experience using XFree 3.1 and
Linux can help me out. I am running Linux 1.1.91 (I think) on a
Gateway 486-66 with 8Mg. I have a DEC VRT17-HA monitor (which I think
is really a Sony trinitron). I installed XFree3.1 and borrowed a
Stealth 32 Config file from someone who helped me out. He also gave me
the freq program which I guess is supposed to tune the clocks from the
video card. When I changed the Config file and started X (startx) the
monitor first blanked out, a bunch of dots appeared, then it flashed
and went back to console mode with an error being displayed that the
mouse was busy..(/dev/mouse busy??) I'm pretty sure the mouse is OK.
I have a PS/2 style mouse.

        Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Raj

2. acquiring VM space in kernel

3. Diamond Stealth 32 2MB PCI: Help !

4. Redhat 5.0 + Sound (SB AWE32 + AW35 Pro)

5. PCI, Diamond Stealth vlb 32, and Linux

6. recompiling messups...

7. XFConfig for Diamond Stealth 32 PCI

8. Diald help

9. XF86Config for Diamond Stealth 32 PCI

10. Help: PCI Diamond Stealth 32 - 2Mb Ram

11. Does Xfree work with diamond stealth 32 PCI

12. Diamond Stealth 32 - PCI and XFree

13. Diamond Stealth 32-PCI & XFree