Strange behaviour when installing

Post by Bjorn Andersso » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have a strange problem when I'm trying to install Redhat 5.2 on a
machine.
I put in the bootdisk and I get to the installation screen and I press
enter. It loads initrd.img and loads vmlinuz. But then the machine
reboot. Sometimes also after it have said Uncompressing Linux it says
"ran out of input data  --System halted".
Is there anyone that know what the problem is?

Bjorn Andersson

Strange behaviour when installing

Post by Jan Johansso » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Most likely a corrupt bootdisk

1. RH 6.1--Strange Repeat-Install Behavior

I did a quick workstation install on RH 6.1 just to see what it
was like. I filled in the network information asked for.
Afterwards, I changed my network card, and did another install.
Problem is, it never asked me for the network info, nor my domain
name.

I tried several workstation installs, and a custom one, but I am
never asked for network info. Does it only ask if it detects a
network card? I'm thinking that maybe the new card is not being
detected. What would be very strange about that, would be that
the old card was a 3C905B, which is listed as a problem card, and
the new one is a 3C509B, which is Tier-one supported. I have
3C509b's in other RH systems, but this is the first I have tried
RH 6.1

Any ideas.

Stephen

Save the photons--don't look!

Printed using 100% recycled electrons.

2. Help: Bios not setting IRQ for a PCI modem

3. Strange NFS behaviour

4. arp/multicast problems

5. Strange Netscape Behavior with RH 6.2

6. UUCP ixxspawn permission

7. Strange behavior of socket communication

8. Hang up modem via chat?

9. Strange behaviour of "setbuf" on HP

10. Strange Behaviour of sar and cpuhog

11. Strange find behavior?