I have lost my Boot Disk...

Post by prueb.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have lost my Boot Disk for the Red Hat 6.1 and I cant init Linux
cause i have two partition one with NT (default) and other with linux
(boot disk).
I need the boot disk for init lilo.
How can i create a new Boot disk ??

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

I have lost my Boot Disk...

Post by /dev/nial » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have lost my Boot Disk for the Red Hat 6.1 and I cant init Linux
> cause i have two partition one with NT (default) and other with linux
> (boot disk).
> I need the boot disk for init lilo.
> How can i create a new Boot disk ??

See the Bootdisk HOWTO at:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO.html
--
/dev/niall

might want to check out 'bootpart' at www.winimage.com

(let's you add Linux as a boot choice to NT's menu)

or... follow the link /dev/niall posted above

> I have lost my Boot Disk for the Red Hat 6.1 and I cant init Linux
> cause i have two partition one with NT (default) and other with linux
> (boot disk).
> I need the boot disk for init lilo.
> How can i create a new Boot disk ??

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Lost ability to boot Windows with Disk Manager in dual boot system

I have a Quantum Fireball TM3200A as the master in a two drive
configuration. I am running the Quantum Disk Manager 9.5 software. I run a
dual boot Windows 98 / Redhat 6.0 Linux system and it did run LILO as the
boot selection. That configuration has worked fine for 10 months.

I not knowing that it was a VERY BAD idea defraged the Windows C: drive in
Windows. Now when I boot, I get the regular boot up screen showing my two
physical drives, but the only thing the system will let me do at that point
is put in a floppy and hit sapcebar to boot that floppy.

I can boot Linux off the floppy disk I created when I installed Linux.

But I cannot boot Windows 98 at all. I can boot a DOS floppy. I tried "FDISK
/MBR" and "SYS C:" but neither fixed the problem. I also ran the Disk
Manager Bootable floppy disk. It gives me a "Red" screen with the message
"Disk Manager unable to read the Dynamic Drive Overlay Loader."

I would like to get back where I was with LILO but would be happy just to be
able to boot Windows 98 normally. I can always boot Lunix off the floppy.

HELP!!!

2. no high memory space availabe

3. Having trouble booting up (disk change)

4. HP Deskjet 510 and Linux (*sigh*)

5. Having trouble booting from hard disk on a 43P-150

6. Environment Variables in ksh

7. I have lost my boot up disk!

8. A good Linux for an SGI Elan?

9. RH 5.1 boot floppy loses ide hard disk

10. Help...lost boot disk!!

11. lost boot disk in move

12. I lost my boot disk...

13. Lost LILO Boot Disk