mouse's horizontal scroll-wheel

Post by Adria » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:51:12

How to configure 4-buttons and 2-wheels mouse to behave as it is intended
(and as it does in Windows)?

I have A4 w11 and whatever you do the Pinguin refuses to cooperate with
mouse's 4th button and horizontal wheel!

It is pitty as this feature I find to be extremely ERGONOMIC one!

--
Adrian
--

mouse's horizontal scroll-wheel

Post by Joe Fredrickso » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:34:43

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 02:51 pm will from hence forward be known as the day Adrian
blabbered:

Quote:> I have A4 w11 and whatever you do the Pinguin refuses to cooperate with
> mouse's 4th button and horizontal wheel!

I had a mouse with a horizontal wheel, and tried to follow many ideas on the
net, and a few little hack jobs of my own accord but I couldnt ever get it to
work. If you do let me know as I would be most interested to know how... That
said there is quite a lot of stuff in Google on this wheel.

As for the fourth wheel. What would it do exactly?
Right and left do as they roughly do in windows.
Third is a Paste button (or special features button).

There is no Linux infrastucture for the use of a fourth button, what does
windows use it for?

--
Mushrooms always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas.

Registered Linux User 282072
<www.volutin.net -- everything irrelevant>

Post by Nils Petter Vaskin » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:47:11

> How to configure 4-buttons and 2-wheels mouse to behave as it is
intended
> (and as it does in Windows)?

> I have A4 w11 and whatever you do the Pinguin refuses to cooperate
with
> mouse's 4th button and horizontal wheel!

> It is pitty as this feature I find to be extremely ERGONOMIC one!

Now if you really expected us to help why didn't you supply all the
nessesary information:
1. What kind of mouse(Producer, model, usb/ps2/?)
2. What distribution (i assume mandrake because of the groups you
posted to, but what version?)

NP

Followups set to alt.os.linux