How to change the desktop picture at the X-login time ?

How to change the desktop picture at the X-login time ?

Post by Minh Do-Quan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I want to put my owner picture instead of the RedHat logo at
the X-login time. Does anybody can help me ?
Thank a lot
Minh

Post by Rasput » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I want to put my owner picture instead of the RedHat logo at
>the X-login time. Does anybody can help me ?
>Thank a lot
>Minh

Change the path to the image in

/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0

to whatever image you want (most types are supported by xsri)

--

Rasputin.
Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns.

1. X-Login won't work 1st time round...

Heya...
I'm using the X-Window login on my linux box, & hit a fairly strange
problem.  It only started doing it recently, I've no idea what started it.
If I login with my account, straight from bootup, the resolution changes, a
blue screen (my gnome background) comes up, then it exits straight back to
the login.
Second time around, it works fine, & loads up enlightenment / gnome.

If I login as root, it works fine, ditto for logginng in under my name after
root has logged in.  If I had to, I could set up a new non-priveliged (damn,
I *know* thats spelt wrong) user & test with that - I was just wondering if
anyone had a quick answer...

Cheers anyways
Jonathan
Terminal Linux Newbie

2. disk encryption utility?

3. change login background picture

4. Installing KDE 2.1

5. Changing graphical login picture

6. How do you trap 1/2 a tcp connection dying ?

7. X-login

8. Alliance AT3D Video

9. Lost Mandrake 6.0 X-login screen

10. Keyboard problems with X-Login

11. X-login

12. Lost Mandrake 6.0 X-login screen

13. KDM X-login starts twm instead off KDE?