ext2fs Windows viewer

Post by Mirce » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is any application running under Windoze that
allows one to actually access the Linux ext2 files ? (I know I can mount
the Windows under Linux and see Windows from Linux, but I would need
something that does the reverse ).

Thank you,
Mircea.

ext2fs Windows viewer

Explore2fs: http://jnewbigin-pc.it.swin.edu.au:80/Linux/

--
Ron Zoscak<ronz (AT) telerama (DOT) com>

ext2fs Windows viewer

Post by Olle Vikste » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

regarding ext2fs Windows viewer:

Quote:> Hi,
> Does anybody know if there is any application running under Windoze
that
> allows one to actually access the Linux ext2 files ? (I know I can
mount
> the Windows under Linux and see Windows from Linux, but I would need
> something that does the reverse ).

There is a program that you run under windoze. I dont recall the name
of the package but if you do a search on freshmeat for mount you
should be able to find it. It allows you to mount your Linux
partitions, but only in read only mode.

1. Reserved blocks on ext2fs (was ext2fs broken)

Could some please explain this further?

I probably have the false belif that only the root (/) filesystem needs
some reserved blocks for root.  Recently, when I resize both /home and
/var filesystems, I re-created them with 0% reserved for root.  Ooops!

Lin
--

School of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Monash Univeristy, Clayton, Vic. 3168, Australia

2. Hi all, I have a message I couldn't understand: postfix/local[1961]: fatal: open database /etc/aliapostfix & /etc/aliases.db

3. ext2fs: ext2fs filesystem not available

4. korn shell scripting question

5. Need compressed tar file viewer, a la winzip viewer.

6. mmap for a multi user device driver (fwd)

7. EXT2FS Reading and Writing from Windows

8. Linux on DUAL PENTIUM motherboards

9. ext2fs via Windows ME or 2000

10. ext2fs readable from DOS/Windows?

11. ext2fs for Windows

12. Ext2fs driver for Windows NT and 2000 project

13. Windows NT ext2fs driver