Can't hook to the internet w/ RH 6.0

Post by Paul Si » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I just installed red hat linux 6.0 on my Celeron based computer.
It has an ethernet card which hooks to a hub.  The client is a DHCP client.
My mac and windoze connect fine to the hub grabbing the IP with no
problems but the linux does not connect.
Windows and linux are on the same box so it is not a hardware problem.
I went through linuxconf and made sure it was set to DHCP on adapter one.
Still won't connect
Any ideas?
Thanks

--
Please remove -NOSPAM to reply via email.

Can't hook to the internet w/ RH 6.0

Post by Deep Blu » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'd say copy the network configs from windows(Type winipcfg) then
modify your Linux settings according to those and don't use dhcp.
It works for me but my ISP use static IP's altough uses dhcp for
first time set-up....don't know why.So if your IP is the same all the
time(you can check that) you can forget the dhcp thing.If not....you
might want to upgrade the dhcp package....or reread the man page.
Also a good source will be linux.redhat.install

> I just installed red hat linux 6.0 on my Celeron based computer.
> It has an ethernet card which hooks to a hub.  The client is a DHCP client.
> My mac and windoze connect fine to the hub grabbing the IP with no
> problems but the linux does not connect.
> Windows and linux are on the same box so it is not a hardware problem.
> I went through linuxconf and made sure it was set to DHCP on adapter one.
> Still won't connect
> Any ideas?
> Thanks

> --
> Please remove -NOSPAM to reply via email.

1. Problem with ''make'' command in RH 6.0

I'm new in linux, and I find it very interesting for use, but slight problem
apeared while I tryed to use ''make'' command.
Everytime I use it I get a note ''bash: make: no such command
I'm using Red Hat 6.0
Does anyone have a solution for my proble.

TNX..

2. init fails

3. New GNOME RH 6.0 RPM's on RH 5.2?

4. Help -Seperate DOS|Unix partions on PC

5. RH 6.0 - can't find linux/head.h during 'make modules'

6. vrweb VRML viewer

7. I can't hook to my dialup internet provider via pppd or dip

8. Problems with RH 5.2 and startx

9. PPP setup: 'resolv.conf' in RH 6.0

10. I cant get RH 6.0 to talk to the internet through an MS proxy server 2.

11. W95 Internet Games -> RH 6.0 Gateway - Help!

12. It's not bad canned meat...