HP DDS-2 DAT + Autoloader

Post by JP » Wed, 16 May 2001 23:44:16

I have a DDS-2 DAT drive with a 6 cartridge autoloader connected to an
Adaptec AHA 2920 SCSI controller.

RH 7.0 can see the DAT drive (ID#3) but I can't manage to change tapes using
the command line and the only way I can change tapes is by pushing the
button on the front.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Jules

HP DDS-2 DAT + Autoloader

Post by Gene Hesket » Thu, 17 May 2001 11:16:00

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to JP ;

Quote:> I have a DDS-2 DAT drive with a 6 cartridge autoloader connected to
> an Adaptec AHA 2920 SCSI controller.
> RH 7.0 can see the DAT drive (ID#3) but I can't manage to change
> tapes using the command line and the only way I can change tapes is
> by pushing the button on the front.

Are you using 'mtx'?  Its the changer handler.

Cheers, Gene
--

        email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net
#Amiga based X10 home automation program EZHome, see at:#

HP DDS-2 DAT + Autoloader

Post by JP » Thu, 17 May 2001 18:05:39

Quote:> Gene Heskett sends Greetings to JP ;

> > I have a DDS-2 DAT drive with a 6 cartridge autoloader connected to
> > an Adaptec AHA 2920 SCSI controller.

> > RH 7.0 can see the DAT drive (ID#3) but I can't manage to change
> > tapes using the command line and the only way I can change tapes is
> > by pushing the button on the front.

> Are you using 'mtx'?  Its the changer handler.

Cheers Gene,

I didn't know that, I'm more use to mc or mt ranload/sensemag. I'll give it
a go later.

Regards,

HP DDS-2 DAT + Autoloader

Post by JP » Fri, 18 May 2001 07:09:56

Quote:> Gene Heskett sends Greetings to JP ;

> > I have a DDS-2 DAT drive with a 6 cartridge autoloader connected to
> > an Adaptec AHA 2920 SCSI controller.

> > RH 7.0 can see the DAT drive (ID#3) but I can't manage to change
> > tapes using the command line and the only way I can change tapes is
> > by pushing the button on the front.

> Are you using 'mtx'?  Its the changer handler.

What distro are you using? I can't find mtx anywhere!!

Was it installed as part of an application?

HP DDS-2 DAT + Autoloader

Post by JP » Fri, 18 May 2001 17:16:33

Quote:> What distro are you using? I can't find mtx anywhere!!

> Was it installed as part of an application?

I know this is a bit sad when you reply to your own post but I just found
the package at http://mtx.sourceforge.net/

Thanks Gene for letting me know the utility existed!

HP DDS-2 DAT + Autoloader

Post by Gene Hesket » Sat, 19 May 2001 12:37:12

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to JP ;

>> What distro are you using? I can't find mtx anywhere!!

>> Was it installed as part of an application?
> I know this is a bit sad when you reply to your own post but I just
> found the package at http://mtx.sourceforge.net/
> Thanks Gene for letting me know the utility existed!

Chuckle.

Well, it was almost on topic, I'm currently in the process of setting up
amanda, starting with just my office machine, but will graduate to a
Seagate ????86 with a 4 cart magazine full of dds-2 tapes.  I figure if
I can get it working with a T4000s, I can make it work with mtx and the
Seagate changer.  The amanda config howto/FAQ, on Frankenlinux.com,
seems to be undergoing almost daily updates.

Cheers, Gene
--

        email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net
#Amiga based X10 home automation program EZHome, see at:#
 <http://www.iolinc.net/gene_heskett>
This messages reply content, but not any previously quoted material,
is ? 2001 by Gene Heskett, all rights reserved.  Due to recent
changes in M$ lusers TOS, mail from msn.com, msn.net, microsoft.com,
microsoft.net, hotmail.com, and hotmail.net is auto-deleted, unread.
--

1. HP C1533A DDS-2 DAT drive on Linux

Does the HP C1533A DDS-2 DAT drive work properly on Linux?
Any experiences?

And are there utilities (or sample code) available for controlling
Data Compression using the SCSI Mode Select and Mode Sense commands?

--

--    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Phone: +31 20 6938364
--    Amsterdam, The Netherlands        |     Fax: +31 20 6948204

2. MMDF: Auth control

3. hp dat drive c1599a dds-2 scsi

4. window maker

5. HP C1533A DDS-2 DAT anyone?

6. Networking

7. hp dat drive c1599a dds-2 scsi

8. Linux Lite ?

9. DAT (HP C1533A DDS-2) with Solaris 2.4 (Sparc)

10. DDS/DDS-2 DAT drives

11. Writing DDS-1 on DDS-2 DAT drive ?

12. StorEdge 4mm DDS-2 Autoloader manual?

13. DDS-2 Autoloader