where is the dhcp for RH 7.3?

Post by Jeff Steven » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:53:32

I'd like to switch the dhcp off and go with a static IP for my linux box
(trying to make a dns server) - but I cannot find the script where this
takes place.  Can someone point me at the right spot?

Thanks,
Jeff

where is the dhcp for RH 7.3?

Post by Rich Piotrowsk » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:33:28

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:53:32 -0500, Jeff Stevens

>I'd like to switch the dhcp off and go with a static IP for my linux box
>(trying to make a dns server) - but I cannot find the script where this
>takes place.  Can someone point me at the right spot?

>Thanks,
>Jeff

Jeff,

You may want it to look something like this;

DEVICE="eth0"
IPADDR="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
NETMASK="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
ONBOOT="yes"
BOOTPROTO="none"

Rich Piotrowski

where is the dhcp for RH 7.3?

Post by Nico Kadel-Garci » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:50:46

> I'd like to switch the dhcp off and go with a static IP for my linux box
> (trying to make a dns server) - but I cannot find the script where this
> takes place.  Can someone point me at the right spot?

> Thanks,
> Jeff

linuxconf and netconfig (or netconf) can be used to set this. The actual
files edited are /etc/sysconfig/network and
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*

1. rh 7.3 and DHCP client getting stuck

I have been running RH6.2 and a static IP address forever, but since my HDD
died, I decided to upgrade to RH7.3.  I also now need to go DHCP client, but
I am not sure how to make the system check for the new IP address once the
lease ends.  I have specified DHCP client which the system uses to get an
IP, but once it changes, my system no longer connects to the ISP because the
IP isn't changed in my RH7.3 system.  I was using pump before, and I guess
the new system still has it, but dhcpcd is the default.  It is installed,
but I think I am missing something that makes the system:
1) check for the new IP
2) update the nameservers and the IP when needed
3) re-run my firewall script when this change takes place (or does it need
to be re-run?)
4) re-run the NTP check

what do I need to check?

darren

2. install server--nfs or dns problem?

3. RH 7.3 network install fails, NE2000, DHCP

4. Installed R4 (I think), now can't login as root

5. DHCP problems on RH 7.3

6. ppp success story

7. DHCP problem with RH 7.3 install using 3c905cx nic

8. tuning TCP for dealing with packet loss, prolonging Nagle delay etc.

9. RH 7.3 KDE3.0.1 RPMs with RH 7.2

10. newbie-How to upgrade from RH 7.2 to RH 7.3?

11. Networking ssues post RH 7.3 to RH 9.0

12. Need help making dual boot RH 7.3/RH 8.0 drive

13. diamond rio 300 not working under RH 7.3 & RH 8