hostadaptor installation

Post by Tobias Ceglare » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hello,

i am installing my scsi-cd-writer.
because of that i have to install my scsi-hostadaptor, haven't i ?

two problems:
   1. how can i check which kind of hostadaptor i have ?
   2. how can i install it ?

thanks a lot :-)

hostadaptor installation

Post by Andrew E. Schulma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> i am installing my scsi-cd-writer.
> because of that i have to install my scsi-hostadaptor, haven't i ?

> two problems:
>    1. how can i check which kind of hostadaptor i have ?
>    2. how can i install it ?

> thanks a lot :-)

Hm.  Do you know that you have one?

You can open your box and look on the card.  Or, if you run Windoze,
right-click on My Computer, choose Properties | Device Manager, and look to
see if you have a SCSI card that Windoze recognizes.  If so, select it and
click on Properties to get some information.

Once you know the make and model, first go through the kernel configuration
(see the Kernel HOWTO) and see if your card is supported.  If not, go to
the manufacturer's web site and see if they've posted drivers for Linux.

Good luck,
Andrew.