kernel: 80 80 80 80

Post by Rudolf Potuc » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know what it means if the kernel keeps writing

  80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 ...

while the system is apprently working fine? Seems to conicide with
heavy downloading ...?

Rudolf

--

kernel: 80 80 80 80

Post by Stuart R. Full » Sun, 27 Dec 1998 04:00:00

: Does anyone know what it means if the kernel keeps writing
:
:   80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 ...
:
: while the system is apprently working fine? Seems to conicide with
: heavy downloading ...?

More information:

        - hardware
        - software (distribution, versions, add-ons, etc.)
        - where is "the kernel" writing this to?

Otherwise, people are just wasting time guessing at your question.

        Stu

1. lilo L 80 80 80 80.....

I have bios that allows to specify what order the boot must be attempted in.
I have run lilo to install boot sectors on both /dev/hda AND /dev/sda
(I have a scsi and an ide disk in my box)

Whenever the boot order is ide then scsi the kernel boots

Whenever scsi is before ide in boot sequenece I get L 80 80
which 80 printed across the screen indefinitely.

What does this message mean?

2. linux unethical ?

3. LILO & SCSI - L 80 80 80?

4. Wide area networking / routing question

5. Lilo gives me an "L 80 80 80"

6. Wanted: psroff/nroff for MS-DOS

7. LILO "L 80 80 ... 80" Message

8. User "Loses" Mouse in 2.4 in Openwin - Ideas?

9. QIC-80 backups with recent 13.3x kernels.

10. DNAT problem on Redhat 7.2 stock kernel (80 -> 8080)

11. ASUS SV2GX4 + DX2/80 problems revealed by kernel compile

12. Kernel eating 50-80% of CPU (oracle server)

13. Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 80:3b