Newbie: LILO vs. LOADLIN

Post by Allen Ashl » Sun, 01 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I find LOADLIN much preferable to LILO: I can boot any of several
kernels, into any of several different linuxes. I can change the
coniguration by simply changing a .bat file. This system is, however,
somewhat wasteful of disk space since I have to keep a dos partition.
Not important on an old 386, but some newer systems need the dos pnp
configurator.

Newbie: LILO vs. LOADLIN

Post by Alexander Vi » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

LILO can do the same. If you have several compiled kernels add a section
for each of them into /etc/lilo.conf. Boot options can be set separately
for each image.