Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer

Post by Carsten Huet » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:26:12

Hello,

from time to time my rh6.2 maschine hangs While trying to login it
says:
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual adress
00000762
current -> tss.cr3 = 00101000, %cr3 = 00101000
What is wrong here?
How do I fix this problem?

TIA
C.

Post by Glitc » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:37:34

> Hello,

> from time to time my rh6.2 maschine hangs While trying to login it
> says:
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual adress
> 00000762
> current -> tss.cr3 = 00101000, %cr3 = 00101000
> What is wrong here?
> How do I fix this problem?

> TIA
> C.

check your RAM modules, make sure they aren't bad.

1. INFO: kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

Out of the blue today I received this message across the system from the
kernel:

Kernel: Unable to handle NULL pointer dereference at virtual address c0000030
kernel: current->tss.cr3 = 075c0000,
kernel: *pde = 00102067
kernel: *pte = 00000027

-------------

I am running v2.0.14 w/ SMP enabled on a Tyan S1668 MB.  Kernel compiled
with pentium pro optimization.  Anyone have any ideas?  I've never seen
this before.

Stephen Costaras

2. HOW do you tell KSH is interactive ?

3. kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer

4. Connect 2 serial ports for development

5. "Unable to handle kernel null pointer dereference"

6. Upgrade to Red Hat 6.2 broke pppd

7. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address

8. Dail-up PPP with dynamic IP

9. New: [2.5.69-bk14] Unable to handle kernel null pointer

10. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address

11. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference...

12. CRASH: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference...

13. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference... and others!