cu: cua1: Line in use

Post by Fons Rademaker » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I ve the following problem. After having run successfully the HylaFax
software for some time. I've now the following problem (persistent
even after reboot).

(pcnice1) ls -l /dev/cua1
crw-rw-rw-   1 uucp     uucp       5,  65 Aug 28 13:36 /dev/cua1
(pcnice1) cu -lcua1 dir
cu: cua1: Line in use

what files is cu checking that might cause this problem? There is a
modem connected to cua1.

Thanks in advance.

-- Fons

1. cu hangs when using Systems, though cu -l works

I'm using Taylor uucp. I've got a set of HDB files in oldconfig, which
I purloined from an AIX box.
If I do cu -d -l /dev/ttyS0 it says
cu: fconn_open: Opening port ACU (default speed)
cu: fsserial_open: Baud rate is 9600
cu: fconn_set: Changing setting to 0, 0, 2
Connected
I can use ~. to close
If I do cu -d systemname I get
cu: fconn_open: Opening port ACU (speed 9600)
cu: fconn_set: Changing setting to 0, 0, 2

and it just hangs indefinitely, ~. doesn't work things I type don't
appear on the display I'm using for debugging purposes. I have to use
Ctrl-C to get the screen to respond again.

I've checked access times on the config files, and both commands
'touch' the full set of files, except of course for 'Systems' when I
use cu -l

My line in Devices looks like
ACU ttyS0 - Any direct
and I have a Dialers line
direct

Any ideas?

TIA
Steve

2. saenv5.01 - SysAd Environment (OS_Research/Backup) Suite

3. CU: questions on using cu

4. Typing with norwegian characters in XFree86 3.2 ?

5. HELP: Login session using cu over TCP/IP line

6. SIDE 2930U card vs Linux ???

7. cua1=/dev/cua1?

8. How to delete Linux???

9. line by line without using echo "$i" | while read line?

10. cua1: Line in use

11. ppp-on: tty_io.c: process 200 (pppd) used obsolete /dev/cua1 - update software to use /dev/ttyS1 tty_io.c: process 267 (pppd) used obsolete /dev/cua1 update software to use /dev/ttyS1

12. Using cua1 to connect to terminal server

13. tty_io.c used obsolete /dev/cua1...