gentoo linux

Post by grill » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:02:19

looking for gentoo linux users. i am a breath above a beginner and want to
know if you think i would have a chance at getting this installed
correctly. currently running 8.0 redhat and installed it with no problems.

gentoo linux

Post by Davi » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:22:49

> looking for gentoo linux users. i am a breath above a beginner and want to
> know if you think i would have a chance at getting this installed
> correctly. currently running 8.0 redhat and installed it with no problems.

If you have some extra disk space you can keep 8.0 and still give
Gentoo a try.  Just take your time and read the instructions and
you should be able to get it installed.  You may want to print
the instructions if you only have ine system though.

--
   Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.

1. WPA-PSK under Linux (Gentoo Linux)

Hi, I finally was able to setup a Wi-fi card (DWL-G650 revC1 from
DLINK), and got it working with dhcp. It connected to the WAP and
connected to the net all fine, but that's with any security feature
(no WEP, no WAP) enabled.

I also had SSID disabled.

So I'm wondering, can anyone link me or personally guide me on how to
connect to a WAP with WPA-PSK (TKIP) enabled? SSID disabled is not
that important, but the WPA-PSK feature is the line of security I
need...

Just can't figure out how to get it working.
Thanks...

Using Gentoo btw.

2. Mandrake 8.2 hangs

3. Gentoo Linux 1.2 Released! Tux CDs now selling Gentoo Linux 1.2 CDs.

4. copy between Windows and Exceed

5. Gentoo Linux 1.4_rc3 Released

6. How well does pilot-link work

7. Performance issues with PCMCIA network device on a Gentoo-Linux machine

8. problem compiling firefox 1.5

9. Gentoo Linux

10. XFree86 4.2.1 and Gentoo Linux

11. gentoo linux

12. Gentoo Linux 1.4_rc2

13. Gentoo Linux 1.4 Release Candidate 1