Sony CDU-55E CDROM Drive

Post by Rebecca Lo » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 02:12:19

    How do I go about getting a boot disk for this CDROM drive?  It is one
of those new ATAPI drives that the CDROM-HOWTO said there was an Alpha
driver for.  I don't currently have Linux running on this machine and would
like to know how to get or make a boot image that will recognize the drive
so that I can install.  Thanks alot.  And thanks to everyone who responded
to my question about 1G IDE harddrives.

Becky

Sony CDU-55E CDROM Drive

Post by Dan Teodos » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 15:08:21

I managed to install Linux from a Sony CD-55E CDROM drive by using the
kernel which can be found in:

        /pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/bootdsks.144/loaded.gz

on the sunsite.unc.edu ftp site. You may have to retry the mount of your
CDROM several times, as the driver doesn't seem to be working perfectly
yet.

Have fun,

--
Dan Teodosiu

Computer Science Department              Phone: (415) 725-7354 (office)
Stanford University                             (415) 497-7649 (home)
Stanford, CA 94305

Sony CDU-55E CDROM Drive

Post by Christopher ChooKa » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 06:49:38

:     How do I go about getting a boot disk for this CDROM drive?  It is one
: of those new ATAPI drives that the CDROM-HOWTO said there was an Alpha
: driver for.  I don't currently have Linux running on this machine and would
: like to know how to get or make a boot image that will recognize the drive
: so that I can install.  Thanks alot.

: Becky

I would also like to know if the Sony CDU-55E is supported.

Also I am looking for recommendations on Linux distribution packages
on CD-Rom.  I am leaning towards the InfoMagic 3-disk set.

Thanks.

1. Sony CDU-55E - Need boot disk image to load linux from cdrom

Hello there,

I just bought a Sony CDU-55E drive, and I have Linux on CD.
I want to load linux on my hard drive from the cd, and I don't
have a boot image to support the CDU-55E drive.  All I have are
the drivers for the Sony CDU31A/33A and CDU-535/531 drives, which
don't support the 55E.

Is there a way that I can load linux from the cd??
Any drivers available for the 55E??
Any help is appreciated as soon as possible.
Thank you very much.

Respond via email if possible.

-Justin

2. Solaris HOWTO Project?

3. CDROM Sony CDU-55E occasional hangup???

4. Bug in SunOS 4.1.3 recvmsg()?

5. IDE CDROM - SONY CDU-55E

6. tar.gz files

7. Sony CDU-55E CDROM Install

8. Familiar with WordStreamIterator?

9. Slackware install using Sony CDU-55e CDROM?

10. Sony CDU-55E CDROM -- will the alpha NEC CDR-260 driver work?

11. SONY CDU-55E CDROM??????%#@!!!!!!!!

12. Sony CDU-55E on 1.1.76

13. SONY CDU-55E CD-ROM Installation?