Future Domain TMC-850 and seagate.o

Post by Steve Jon » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to get a Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI adaptor
working. I get the "Device or resource busy" error you
generally see with a resource conflict. I'm at loss to
explain this. The SCSI-HOWTO says that the seagate module
assumes IRQ 5 and probes for memory. The card is jumpered
for IRQ 5 and base address of 0xce000. I also explicitly
tried:

  tmc8xx=0xce000,5

at boot time and still get the same complaint.

Why, O, why?

I'm also a little unclear about the relationship between
these addresses and the /proc/ioports stuff. Are these the
same animal? If so, how does one map addresses of the order
of 0xc8000 onto things round 0300 such as is found there?

--

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of
a dog, it's too dark to read."

1. Help, Future Domain SCSI TMC-850 NOT WORK!

Hi, there,

My friend installed the Linux 0.99 recently. He got the whole SLS package from
tsx-11 and installed about 1 weeks ago. But he has the problem on the SCSI
cd-rom. When he started the machine, Linux told him "0 host, 0 scsi, 0cd-rom"

I guess the problem is the interface. The interface is Future Domain TMC-850
(8 BIT) card. I once had read about to change the seagate.c in line about
548-550 to ...=...|80;. And I rebuild the kernel, but it still not work.

Any suggestion is appreciated, any idea?

2. ADVICE NEEDED: NFS export to large host list

3. Linux, SCSI CD-ROM, and Future Domain tmc-850 problems

4. DIFFERENT Frustrating problem with gcc-2.1

5. Future Domain TMC-850 scsi card

6. FA: Cisco 4 port Fast Serial Interface Processor card (FSIP-4) for 7000 & 7500 series routers

7. Linux & Future Domain SCSI card TMC-850

8. library of practical abstractions

9. Future Domain TM-830 & TMC-850

10. Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI Adapter

11. Future Domain TMC-850 scsi card?

12. TMC 850 TIMEOUT on BOOT, SCSI , Uses Seagate driver

13. SCSI Problem solved, TMC-850