Installing larger disk on dual-boot system

Installing larger disk on dual-boot system

Post by (Wm. Randolph Franklin » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:04:57

I have a dual-boot (Linux and Win2000PE) system, and am replacing
the disk with a larger one.   What's the best way to move over the
disk contents?   I know I can copy over the linux partitions,
update /etc/fstab and lilo.conf, boot with ramfloppy, rerun lilo,
and linux will work fine.  However, how do I make the copied
windows partition bootable?

Thanks.  I know this is not completely a linux setup question, but
perhaps it's close enough?

----