Using X-win32 to connect to a server running Red Hat Linux6

Using X-win32 to connect to a server running Red Hat Linux6

Post by F. Flintsto » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

  I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup to be asking this so I
apologize if it ain't.  As the subject says.  How do I get this to
work?  Thanks for your replies.

1. Help with using X-Win32 to run Linux X Server from windows client

Hello everyone,
First of all, let me say that I am relatively new to Linux.  My background comes
from Windows NT environment.  I have been using Linux (RH 6.1) for about 6 months
and I really like a lot.  Linux is much more stable and perform much better than
Microsoft windows.  In the past 6 months, I have learned a few things about Linux
and I am falling in love with it.

At the moment, I am setting a Linux box running on a PIII 600Mhz with 256 MB of
RAM.  X-windows is working fine (I can start x from the command line or set it
to level-5 with linuxconf).  I even know how to install and configure SSH and get
it to work when I am at a windows client (by the way, I am using Secure CRT running
on Microsoft windows).  Furthermore, I am using StarOffice 5.1 on the Linux box.
Everytime I want to use StarOffice, I have to go to StarOffice directory and
mannually start it there (if anybody know how to do it automatically from X, please
let me know).

Here is my problem.  I am trying to convince my boss and a few people in the office
to use linux.  We have no problem telnet to the Linux box; however my goal is to
allow these people to use X-window application from their win98/NT machines.  The
X-window client application I am using right now is X-win32.  I do NOT have any clues
on how to set up these things.  What do I need to do on both the Linux machine and
Win98/NT machine?  If anybody has done this before, please help me.  Let me know
what needs to be done at both end (i.e. Linux server and win98/NT).  Also, please make
your instructions a precise as possible (remember you are dealing with a new
Linux user here [me]).  Bottom line, PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.
David

2. weird file stats result when I untar

3. Access to ORACLE from LINUX

4. forwarding works for some users!

5. Running Applix using ReflectionX and Starnet X-Win32.

6. HOW TO: print in landscape mode?

7. X-Win32 finnally connects to RedHat 7.1, but windows disappear in 5 minutes

8. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

9. help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

10. what resources are recommended for running X-win32?