make menu(x)config

Post by Paal Egne » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello..
I am using RedHat 5 and I want to configure the kernel but when I type
"make" or "make menuconfig" I get a error message saying there is no command
or filname like that...and yes I have installed the kernel-headers and
kernel-source packages.. is there something else I have missed here!?!?

Paal in Norway

make menu(x)config

Post by Richard S. Lumpki » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hello..
> I am using RedHat 5 and I want to configure the kernel but when I type
> "make" or "make menuconfig" I get a error message saying there is no command
> or filname like that...and yes I have installed the kernel-headers and
> kernel-source packages.. is there something else I have missed here!?!?

> Paal in Norway

  I'd suggest reading the configuration instructions that come in the tar file,
also just having compiled a 2.0.33 I found the mini-howto on compiling a new
kernel quite helpful.  The commands I used were "make config" for command line
and "make xconfig" for X windows.  Both worked well, although the X version was
easier to use.  It is important to be certain to use "make clean" and "make
dep" before trying to compile.  All done under redhat 5.

RIch

make menu(x)config

Post by David Goldstei » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hello..
> I am using RedHat 5 and I want to configure the kernel but when I type
> "make" or "make menuconfig" I get a error message saying there is no command
> or filname like that...and yes I have installed the kernel-headers and
> kernel-source packages.. is there something else I have missed here!?!?

> Paal in Norway

  Are you sure that  you are in the proper directory!?  I had this problem one
time, also, until I changed to the correct directory.  You should be in
/usr/src/linux :)  Hope this helps :)

David

1. Reg. Making Menu Driven programs in UNIX environment

Hello,

            I am making an application in which I need to have a menu
driven interface.I am using Sun Solaris
OS.Also I do not want to use X-Windows to make the menu Interface.My
idea is to have menu interface which
is text based (like we have in MS-DOS env. by accessing the video
memory).Is it possible to access video
mem. in UNIX systems ?? And if it is not possible then how can I make
text based menu driven interface ??

To Summarise : 1) I want to know how the attributes of the text to be
displayed can be changed ??
                           2) How to access the info. written to the
screen (so that when a diplayed menu in closed
                                the original contents of the screen can
be restored.)

Thanks in advance.Please reply ASAP.

Dhananjay Shende

2. Gateway P5-120 Professional System and STB Trio 64V graphics.

3. ? on making menu script a users default shell

4. can't run csh in newly mounted file system

5. making new menu's for fvwm(2)

6. LinuxCertified.com announces bootcamp w/Free Laptop!

7. Questions on large IDE drive (secondary HD)

8. Making menus

9. Reg. Making Menu Driven programs in UNIX environment

10. Looking for a Menu Making Program

11. loadlin & Win95 - getting memory error trying to boot linux from config.sys menu

12. Stupid make <menu|x|>config-question