NCR53C8XX problem with kernel 2.2.3 setup

1. kernel for sx164 and ncr53c8xx

I haven't had any luck compiling a kernel for an Alpha sx164 with the
Intraserver scsi-3 pci controller (ncr53c875).  The kernel compiles fine but
when I go to boot off of the kernel it does not seem to load the ncr53c8xx
driver and finds 0 scsi hosts. Then, without a root fs to boot off of the
kernel panics and that is the end of that.  The kernel that came with RH-5.0
works great.  The only problem being that its 2.0.30 and doesn't support my
network card. has anyone been able to get a kernel to compile and work on
these machines?  I've tried about 7 or 8 combinations of fresh kernel
sources and alpha patches and patching up old kernels etc.

-tim

2. dell i8100 touchstick, 2.5 input -- further info

3. 2.4.x kernel won't load ncr53c8xx as module

4. ISDN4Linux -- Routing or ARP Probs. Help needed.

5. Kernel/Driver issues - NCR53c8xx on AS4100

6. Free C++ class lib for lists/trees/strings/etc... where?

7. 2.1.x kernel breaks tpqic02 and ncr53c8xx

8. UUCP with internal modem on COM#3

9. ncr53c8xx and wd 8013 NIC problem

10. Problem with PCI SCSI ncr53c8xx

11. wd 8013 NIC and ncr53c8xx problem

12. NCR53C8XX timeout problems, please help.