vt100 question (setting keymap)

Post by Rudolph Pienaa » Tue, 28 May 1996 04:00:00

Hello, all -

I'm sure that this question has come up (and been answered) before, but
a quick look through some FAQ's didn't provide any worthwhile answers.

Simply: how can I set the keymappings for a vt100 so that PgUp/PgDown
work, and so that the 'Meta' key is mapped to <Alt> instead of <Esc>?

I suspect part of the solution lies with /etc/termcap... but other than
what a termcap file is used for, I have little knowledge as to
how to actually modify it.

Any information, much appreciated,

Rudolph

Post by Geoff Sho » Tue, 28 May 1996 04:00:00

: Simply: how can I set the keymappings for a vt100 so that PgUp/PgDown
: work, and so that the 'Meta' key is mapped to <Alt> instead of <Esc>?
: I suspect part of the solution lies with /etc/termcap... but other than
: what a termcap file is used for, I have little knowledge as to
: how to actually modify it.

Have you looked at the termcap manpage? More info than you could ever
wish to know!

        Geoff

can't identify with that kind of work ethic.    http://www.york.ac.uk/~grs100

1. terminal is set to vt100 or sun5 - what is vt100 ?

When I set the terminal character sun5 or sun, I couldn't move the
cursor using up, down arrow.

Then I set to vt100, the up, down arrow works just fine.

What is vt100 ?

How many character set out there on Sun ?

Thank you,

2. pthread_setschedparam() -- where is this thing?

3. vt100, vt100-am, vt100-bot-s . . .

4. slrn, leafnode & 'from:' header oddness

5. vt100's keymap

6. Autostart folder doesn't?

7. VT100/220 keymaps

8. Booting

9. vt100 to 3270 keymap?

10. VT100 keymap for PC keyboard help

11. Changing VT100 default keymapping

12. console keymap vs. X keymap

13. Telnet using VT100,vt100 and Del key