Linux/NT

Post by ObiWan KenOb » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

I have installed NT4WS and OpenLinux. Linux own MBF and lets me boot
into any one of the OS. Now, I want to change this, by letting NT own
the MBF and boot by default. Any help is appreicated.
To reply directly, delete the nayspamorg. You never know, antispam and
nospam could be tr'd or sed'd out. iykwim.
--

1. Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

HI,

Hopefully somebody can help me. I've got a analogue leased line with a
Duxbury leased modem at a remote branch, it was connecting between 2 NT
machines over this analogue line using a NULL MODEM driver. I have to
migrate the branch to a linux machine and it has to connect to the NT
machine across this same analogue link using the duxbury modem.

I've been battling the entire day trying to get it going, but dont know how
to set up the connection as a null modem ?
with wvdial I'm connecting to /dev/ttyS0 and I keep getting responses that
"Modem is not responding"
The analogue modem however has connected to the other side as the CD light
is on - I just need to establish a ppp session between this linux machine
and the NT machine.

Please help before I pull all my hair out :)

--
Thanx guys !
Tony

2. Connect Windows to Linux via Internet

3. Dialing using PPP to open a terminal window

4. LINUX, NT and DOS - LILO or NT boot pgm?

5. DIP configuration help needed

6. 98 + NT + Linux = NT loader problem for me

7. smbfs filesystem

8. LINUX, NT and DOS - LILO or NT boot pg

9. Please Be Gentle: Anyone install Linux, NT Workstation, & NT Server on one box?

10. 2nd Announce: Group Purchase of DEC UDB Linux/NT boxes $750/$600

11. A somewhat unorthodox question about Linux/NT.

12. Problem with dual boot Linux / NT on a Compaq Deskpro XL