update via the web

Post by Hajo Dresche » Wed, 23 May 2001 07:23:04

Hi,
I wondered whether there is a HOWTO or similar about
how to update a distribution via the web. So far I have done it only
with the bootable CD-ROM. Put it in, reboot, and then I follow the
options to update from Redhat 7.0 to 7.1 for example.
I have fast internet access, so how do I proceed to do
the same thing without the CD-ROM?

thanx in advance,
hajo

update via the web

Post by Duane Healin » Wed, 23 May 2001 11:27:34

You could always install Debian instead of RH. You don't even need to
reboot to do an OS upgrade then. It all can be done via network.

--
-Duane
-DNAware SoftLabs

In a feverish moment of semi-lucidity, "Hajo Drescher"

Quote:> Hi,
> I wondered whether there is a HOWTO or similar about how to update a
> distribution via the web. So far I have done it only with the bootable
> CD-ROM. Put it in, reboot, and then I follow the options to update from
> Redhat 7.0 to 7.1 for example. I have fast internet access, so how do I
> proceed to do the same thing without the CD-ROM? thanx in advance,
> hajo

1. Want to know update web site for updated valid kernel commands

We have been writing a simple character device driver.  We have been
using memcpy_tofs command, which apparently is not defined under kernel
version 2.2.14.  I am new to the area and discovered there was a huge
change in the kernel commands when version 2.1 came out.  The long and
the short of it is we FINALLY figured this out and are now using the
appropriate command copy_to_user command.

My question is......does anyone know a good web source for the nitty
gritty details of all the changes to the available kernel commands?

By the way for those of you interested, we are profile the kernel, one
file at a time.  If anyone has interest in this type of work, email me
and perhaps we can correspond and exchange code, ideas,
thoughts....et.al.

Thanks,

Rob Morris

2. Sparc OpenBSD 2.6 and MySQL

3. Updating DNS via new BIND RR Updates

4. Epson Stylus Color 800

5. Want to know update web site for updated valid kernel commands

6. lpd spews the same job over and over.

7. HOSTING WEB SITES.THE BEST ADMINISTERING VIA THE WEB

8. Apache configuration question

9. Web+ : Web to Database Middleware, Web Application Development Tool for Unix

10. Web Test Tools List updated

11. Updating via cvsup but not really...?

12. Urgent: Can't access web - Update

13. 2.2.1 Release CD and updating via CTM?