RedHat 5.0 Help

Post by Jo?o Miguel Roqu » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I've installed RedHat 5.0 in my computer, but now it becomes very very slow.

The computer is a Pentium MMX 200MHz with 32Mb of RAM and one HD of 1Gb. I
also created a SWAP of 32Mb.

I realy don't understand why it's so slow (X takes 5min to load, and a
connection to Internet takes 3min.).

Before this instalation i've worked with Slackware in this same machine and
it was very fast.

Best regards,
Miguel Roque

1. Help? Installation RedHat 5.0 Help

Hi,
I'm new to the world of Linux and Unix.  I purchased the RedHat v5.0
(and intend to upgrade to 5.3).  I got a boot disk and cdrom.  The
installation went well.  I got my c: for Win95 and had install Lilo to
the MBR.  Where I'm getting stuck is at the login. During the
installation i gave it a password.  At the prompt where I read
"LocalHost login" well I don't have an account?  I only created a
password and don't' recall the name of the account?  Can anyone help?
Where did I go wrong during the installation. Please post it here or

Thanks
George.

2. make problem

3. REDHAT 5.0 HELP !!!

4. Installation question

5. redhat 5.0 help needed with network

6. Veritas

7. Redhat 5.0 HELP!!!

8. Loadlin question

9. Yamaha CDR-102 & RedHat 5.0 - HELP!

10. redhat 5.0 help

11. CDE RedHat 5.0 HelP !

12. **EMERGENCY*** CONFIG HELP Sendmail Redhat 5.0 Please help

13. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help