which is the best of the best linux !!!

Post by cheehoon » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

i very new on linux
can someone very that can tell me which is the best linux

redhat linux ???
slackware linux ???
Definite Linux ???
Debian GNU/Linux ???
Stampede GNU/Linux ???
SuSE Linux ???
or others linux ........

Post by Michel Catuda » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> i very new on linux
> can someone very that can tell me which is the best linux

> redhat linux ???
> slackware linux ???
> Definite Linux ???
> Debian GNU/Linux ???
> Stampede GNU/Linux ???
> SuSE Linux ???
> or others linux ........

SuSE 6.1 and the price is right, at Barnes and Noble as well
as at CompUSA it sells for around $30. It includes OSS sound
for ISA sound cards which sells normally for $20. If your
card is PCI that would be useless but there are also 5 CDs and
a good book. They also include on line help for 60 days.

--
use OS/2 for a crash proof work environment
use Linux for safe and quick internet access

1. Best Linux Distro? / Best GUI?

Here's a little flamebait for you all.  What is the best distro and GUI
combo? By "best" let me explain.  I'm a very experienced Linux
user/admin.  I started back around 92 with slackware and am currently
using Redhat 5.0.  I've heard many terrible things about RH6.0 and am
wary.  What I want is a distro that installs smoothly, has a good GUI
(OK, this is also a question about Gnome/KDE) and has a binary package
installation system that checks dependencies, etc...  I liked slackware
but after a while I gave it up b/c they use tarballs and make you
compile everything.  As I understand it they still do. Opinions? -
please CC to my email as my newsserver is slow and flaky.  Thanks.

--
"Gun control proposals are nothing more than a modern liberal
suggestion that government, which is unable to protect its citizens,

2. Solitaire ?

3. Best 10Mbps and best 100Mhz ethernet card for linux

4. INN 1.4 expiration problem under Slackware 2.2.0

5. Windows Managers - Best of the Best

7. Best server? Was: What is the best newsreader?

8. So much for the nazis

9. **GUI Engineer** - Red Herring's Best Company with the Best Product for 1998

10. **Performance Engineer** - Red Herring's Best Company with the Best Product for 1998

11. **Core Engineer** - Red Herring's Best Company with the Best Product for 1998

12. Best Unix for SLIP/PPP Server- Best Reliability/Cost?

13. Best book? Best distribution?