Sound Blaster w/SCSI CD not recognized

Post by Tim Rutherfor » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I am attempting to install Linux on a Compaq Presario CDS 833. The box comes
with a Sound Blaster card that has an integrated SCSI controller. I was told
by Compaq that the integrated SCSI was an Adaptec 6360. I cannot find a boot
image that recognizes my SCSI adapter/CD-ROM. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sound Blaster w/SCSI CD not recognized

Post by Tim Rutherfor » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

        NOTE: This is a SCSI interface not a SoundBlaster interface.

Sound Blaster w/SCSI CD not recognized

Post by Cade Bigl » Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I am also having problems with an SB16-SCSI card and Chinon 535 internal CD-ROM.
I just bought the 4-disc set from InfoMagic (March 1995), and can't get it to
install.  I tried the override parameters listed in the override.txt file on
disc 1 as follows:

     ramdisk aha152x=0x340,11,2,1,1

Here is the info I get when I boot up dos: (the wording may not be exact)

     SCSI Adapter: 0
     Port Address: 340
              IRQ: 11
           Parity: Enabled
    Disconnection: Enabled
  Host Adapter ID: 7
              DMA: 0
    Transfer Mode: PIO
           LUN ??: Disabled
 Sync Negotiation: Enabled
   CD-ROM SCSI ID: 2

When I choose to install from the CD, the only options it allows are for SCSI ID
0 or 1.  I need SCSI ID 2!!  I can't seem to find out how to change it to 0 or 1
on the card.  Am I shit out of luck?  I use the aha152x drivers in OS/2 Warp
with no problems whatsoever.  Oh yeah, I am using the scsi bootdisk and the
umsd144 rootdisk.  I want to try to run the live file system off of the CD
directly since I am short on disk space (my FAT partition only has about 20 megs
free, and the rest is HPFS).  I am also very new to Linux, so I'm treading
lightly for now.  Thanks for any help.