monitor / ATI, Metro X and X setup question

monitor / ATI, Metro X and X setup question

Post by prawnt » Sat, 05 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am using RH4.2 with ATI Mach 64 and a Philips 15A monitor.

I think that this VGA card is supported by X as well as the MetroX
server (what's the diff anyway ?). But the Philips 15A monitor is
nowhere to be found in the config options.

X ran ok (with a virtual screen which I don't know how to turn off)
when another standard monitor is setup using Xconfigurator. But MetroX
will not display correctly no matter which monitor I choose from
configX ! Can you help ?

I don't think I like FVWM-(2?) or whatever, my personal opinion is
that I'd install win95 if I want that interface. I like the Motif-type
of display or others (something like the os/2 type).
My question is, will MetroX the same as FVWM in terms of functionality
? And does it look somewhat like Motif ?

Also, any simple methods of setting up ppp under X ? in a simple GUI
manner like dial up networking (win95) ?

In win95, I just configure dial up and everything's fine with winsock
apps, is it the same with linux - X ?

Thanks
----------------------------------
I do not poll newsgroups often,
pls private me for quick
aCtIoN !

web.singnet.com.sg/~prawntoe
----------------------------------

1. monitor / ATI, metro X and X setup question

[...]

2. problem with malloc and pointer matrixes. (real)

3. ATI - Monitor , Metro X and X setup question

4. LOG_NEWS broken on solaris

5. monitor / ATI, metroX and X question (setup)

6. Problem with networking and X

7. metroX and X, ATI and monitor setup question

8. Sendmail masqeradeing problem

9. metro X and X setup question

10. How to setup XFree86 for Gateway Vivitron700 monitor and ATI Mach64 GT?

11. X setup - ATI card & Mediascan monitor

12. X setup w/ Compaq MV500 monitor & ATI RAGE LT PRO AGP Graphics Controller

13. ATI mach64 & CTX monitor questions.