how to burn ftp image of SuSE Linux 6.0 on CD's?

how to burn ftp image of SuSE Linux 6.0 on CD's?

Post by Ramiro Lópe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hello everyone

I've just downloaded (with a 33.6 kbps connecion belive it or not) an ftp
image of SuSE Linux 6.0, and burned it in two CD's. Mi problem is that I
cannot install it directly from the CD's.

Every time I try to install it, "yast" informs me that the Disk 1 is not
inserted and it will refuse to install any packages even thoug they are on
the CD. However, when I copy the files in that same CD to an HD partition
with exactly the same structrue, everything works fine.  It seems to me that
when you tell "yast" that the installation source is a CD it assumes that
it's the *CD distribution*, and not a ftp image burned on a CD.

Has someone successfully burned this particular distribution so that it is
posible to install it directly from the CD's?

Of course i can copy the essential files to a free HD partition, make a base
installation and then install the other indiviudal packages with rpm (I
don't know how to install the rpms packages yet, but I don't think it's
terrible difficult to find out), but I would rather use "yast" because it's
much more easy.

thanks a lot for your attention

Ramiro (RAMLoss)

1. Can't burn autoloading CD and vmlinuz is "not an Image file"

I'm trying to install linux for the first time from downloaded ISO
images.  I am using enigma-i386-disc1.iso and Easy CD Creator 4.02c;
Create CD from CD Image; Track-at-once, close CD.

The discs I burn can be read in my old machine, but they do not
autoload. Dosutils/autoboot.bat contains the line:
loadlin autoboot\vmlinuz initrd=autoboot\initrd.img
When run, loadlin displays: LOADING....... then announces that vmlinuz
is "not an Image file".  If I point loadlin to other .img files like
cdboot.img, boot.img, or oldcdrom.img, it gives me the same two
messages.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Linux on an IBM ThinkPad 365 XD?

3. Burning CD's under SuSE 7.3

4. Install 3.1 from DOS

5. Burn bootable CD's for Suse 7.1?

6. Have you ever accessed to "big file" over 2GB???

7. Need help with burning Linux CD's on a PC using Easy CD Creator 5

8. x3270 installing

9. making a image to burn to cd in linux?

10. Burning an ISO into a bootable CD and mp3's to music CD's.

11. Burning A CD IMAGE of LINUX - Assist

12. Suse Linux, ftp to CD's