Q: umsdos installation

Post by Ivan Fet » Sat, 30 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
   I am unclear on the entire umsdos installation (slackware).  How does
it differ from a "regular" installation?  I have disk setrs "a" and "ap"
-- do I need the "q" disk set for a kernel with umsdos compiled in to
it?  If I use such a kernel from the "q" serise, will it contain an
earlier vertion of the kernel than releaced in slackware 3.0:?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

1. Apache 1.0.2 - two simple installation Qs

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'll try to keep it brief.

1) when compiling Apache 1.0.2 on an RS/6000 41T (PowerPC) running AIX
3.2.5 (using CC), I got the following error messages:

     759  1500-010: (W) WARNING in child_main: Infinite loop.  Program
may not stop.
    1500-010: (W) WARNING in standalone_main: Infinite loop.  Program
may not stop.

I always open my eyes for warnings, but I thought that maybe since it's
a daemon, it's not supposed to stop.  Is this message normal, or is
something really wrong?

2) where does one get the "decade-old 'new' DBM libs"?

Thanks in advance.  Email or replies to the group are equally welcome.

Ken Simler

2. I just did my AIX Install: HELP!!!

3. Umsdos utilities for umsdos 0.4 uploaded

4. rdist 6.1.5

5. HELP! with UMSDOS installation

6. Need help on program for serial line communication of UNIX

7. Help: LOADLIN / UMSDOS installation [compaq aero]

8. can sco be installed from an ide cd-rom drive?

9. SUMMARY: UMSDOS Installation

10. Help: UMSDOS INSTALLATION, Symbolic Linking

11. Installation problems with UMSDOS

12. UMSDOS Installation Problems

13. properly setting up slackware UMSDOS installation on fat32?