Weird modem problem....

Post by Dolboe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am able to connect to the internet fine.  However, upon connection I am
able to load pages and download.  The speeds aren't terrific, but after
close examination I see that the modem is only active when I am moving my
mouse.  What the heck is this about?  Could someone please help me correct
this problem.  Thanks a whole bunch!

Brian

Weird modem problem....

Post by Lew Pitch » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I am able to connect to the internet fine.  However, upon connection I am
>able to load pages and download.  The speeds aren't terrific, but after
>close examination I see that the modem is only active when I am moving my
>mouse.  What the heck is this about?  Could someone please help me correct
>this problem.  Thanks a whole bunch!

Best guess is that you have an IRQ conflict, where your mouse and your modem
are using the same IRQ

Lew Pitcher
System Consultant
Toronto Dominion Financial Group

1. Weird Modem problems/modem related Hangs

Hello,

    I have a ibm 300 desktop that I'm trying to setup as a dial-up
server.  I'm using RH6.0 with a P90 32MB ram. I've tried a 3com internal
ISA 56K modem and a Viking  56K external. The 3com worked in a similar
config of a different machine. When attempting to logon with mincom
using either modem the standard modem initialization fails.

    Also I've experienced weird lockups with either modem installed.
The machine locks up completely, no kernel panics etc. This has happened
in RL 3 and 5.

2. New To Red Hat Linux 5.0

3. Weird Modem Problem

4. HELP !!!!