Newbie's user login error

Post by ccwo » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with my user login
problem.

I can only log in as root even though i've added a new user(This was
verified
in X's user accounts informtion)  Here is the error message i got in the
message
file in /var/log/message:-

local host pam[766]: pam_get_user; no username obtained
local host pam[766]: pam_get_user; no username obtained
local host pam[766]: FAILED LOGIN SESSION FEROM (null) FOR (null), Error

in service module.

Thanks!

woo.

1. 'failed running login shell' no non-root user login possible

Hello,

I did a fresh installation of AIX 4.3.3.0 on a R6000.

Everything seemed to work out fine and the system is up and running.

Unfortunately a successful login (on console or via telnet) is only
possible for the root-account.
For any other user the password is correctly verified and the login
process is starting (displaying AIX welcome screen) but it terminates
and closes immediately with the message 'failure running login shell'.

As far as I could imagine possile problems I checked access-permissions
on /home /tmp and the shell executable but everything looks alright...

If this problem seems familiar to anybody I would be happy to hear some
suggestions for solving it.

Cheers,
Chris

2. GNU finger on Linux ?

3. Kill 'Old' User Process on Login of Same User

4. Graphic Plattform for freebsd

5. How to limit & lock user's error login times?

6. Doom-game mode indeterminate

7. Help: LOGIN: could not fork user's shell process: Resource temporarily unavailable (error 11)

8. chown problems

9. How to limit & lock user's error login times?

10. 'su --login user -c command' doesn't run loggin scripts

11. Can't login as a user other than root user.

12. newbie q: how to let a user kill another user's process?

13. User's can'nt login to linux box PLZZzzzzzzzzz Help