How to install linux 5.1 on win98 machine

How to install linux 5.1 on win98 machine

Post by Allan Tof » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi
I've a k6-2 300 mhz pc and i wan't to be able to use linux on it.
I would like to use only about 1 - 2 mb on it, without deleting win98.
What do i do?

Post by Philip Charl » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hi
>I've a k6-2 300 mhz pc and i wan't to be able to use linux on it.
>I would like to use only about 1 - 2 mb on it, without deleting win98.
>What do i do?

1 - 2 mb is too small, about 70 -80 mb is needed, say 20mb swap partition
and 50 - 60 mb for the main system.  This would be a very minimal
installation no x-windows etc.

Phil

--
Philip Charles.  My home page:-   http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~philipc

1. Installing SCO Word 5.1 on linux machine

Can anyone help.. please..

I am trying to install a copy of SCO Word5.1 on a linux machine. I have
installed the iBCS2 stuff OK.. I think.. but thats not the problem.

The installation manual says to run a program called custom, which I
assume is part of the SCO unix package but I dont have. This
program seems to handle all the copying of files etc...

How can I go about actually putting the program onto my machine..?

Cheers for any help...

Euain

2. SLOW FTP TRANSFER RATE? SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED VIA WINDOWS95?

3. Newbie-Partioning win98 to install Redhat 5.1

4. help - redhat 7.0 lilo

5. how to install Redhat 5.1 on a PC with win98?

6. 2.5.5 3c505.c redefine of netdev_ethtool_ioctl and netdev_ioctl

7. SAMBA - Win98 Machines and ICS through Win98 ok - no Windows network in linux

8. how to kill all the processes under a particular user

9. Installing 5.1 On a Non-Bios Machine

10. Installing w2k on a machine with win98 and LM8.1 Linux.

11. Installing Win98 on a Linux machine

12. NewBie Q': Install Linux REDHAT 7 on win98 Machine(MultiBoot) on 40 GB HDD

13. safe way to install win98 on an existing linux machine?