FIPS fails reporting filesystem

Post by ~ » Mon, 29 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to install linux on a new system with preinstalled
Win95.  FIPS says the filesystem is of unknown type 0bh.  I'd
greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Laurence
--

Post by Bob Niels » Tue, 30 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I'm trying to install linux on a new system with preinstalled
>Win95.  FIPS says the filesystem is of unknown type 0bh.  I'd
>greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

That is probably a FAT32 file system, which is not recognized by fips.
Partition Magic will handle it.

--

                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen

1. df not reporting root filesystem usage (but is reporting mounted dos drives)

I had been rather frustrated for a while that when I did a df, it did
not report the usage of any filesystems, I figured I missed some
configuration somewhere, and I'd get around to it.  I just got around to
mounting two DOS drives (/dev/hda1 and /dev/hdb1) -- my linux partition
is /dev/hdb2 -- and now df, with no parameters, lists only the usage of
/dev/hda1 and /dev/hdb1 -- I can get it to report usage of /dev/hdb2 if
I do a df /hdb2 , but it should do all three, right?
***PGP fingerprint = D5 EB F8 E7 64 55 CF 91  C2 4F E0 4D 18 B6 7C 27***
reality is in the \\I don't think they could handle the music in my head

2. How to dial-out for PPP???

3. fips reporting unusual partition system

4. PD Communications program

5. Linux + W95 --> FIPS Unknown Filesystem: 0Bh

6. Help needed with sockets & signals

7. FIPS problems with vfat filesystem

8. NFS mount from Solaris 2.5

9. fips and filesystem type 44h

10. To FIPS or not to FIPS?

11. full filesystems not reported by syslog

12. Ultrix df doesn't report the correct filesystem space

13. Filesystem always reported as 100% full