Upgrading from RH 4.2 to 5.2: fvwm2-95 is gone

Upgrading from RH 4.2 to 5.2: fvwm2-95 is gone

Post by root » Mon, 21 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

        After upgrading from 4.2 to 5.2, fvwm2-95 has gone away, ie,
        it seems to have been removed.

        Any ideas as to why this happened? Also, did RH save it to another file name?

        Thanks in advance,
-timm

1. Problem with scripts that work on RH 4.2 but not RH 5.2

 I have just recently installed RH 5.2 on my computer at home and
when I try to run script files that work on my computer at work (RH 4.2)
I get error messages.
 For example, the when I run the following script (I have only inclded a
portion of it for brevity) I get an error message that does not like the
then and endif right near the beginning.

#!/bin/csh -f
###
###  LRI C Shell initiatization
###
###     ALL LRI SOFTWARE PEOPLE SHOULD SOURCE THIS!!!
###

###
###  If you get sick of seeing warning messages, just do a
###  "set lri_quiet" before you source this script and it'll shut up.

if ($?did_lri_cshrc_v1) then
        echo Already sourced this LRI init file, skipping
        exit 0
endif
set did_lri_cshrc_v1
if (! $?lri_quiet) set be_verbose

### Set the main project directory; most of the time this will be in AFS
### On nav1, the standalone LRI_ROOT is /home/nomad.  Fill in defaults for
### other systems as appropriate.

set roots = (/afs/cs/project/lri-7 /home/nomad)

 Now it works perfectly fine at work. I am running the tcsh shell in
both places.

 I also get problems when trying to run gmake files, which again work on
RH 4.2 but not 5.2. This one is even more strange since when I get to
the line ifndef LRI_ROOT it always seems to be true, even when I put
a line LRI_ROOT:=/home/sjm right before it.

 If anyone has any suggestions as to what could be wrong or what I
can do to try and narrow the probelem down please let me know. I feel
that it is probably a setup problem since I have just recently installed
RH 5.2 on my computer (note it was a fresh install and not an upgrade).

 Thanks.

Stewart

2. How to copy a large file (2nd try)

3. Strange experience going RH 4.0 --> RH 4.2

4. Quatech dual serial pcmcia

5. Upgrade 4.2 to 5.1 or 5.2

6. cal doesn't work anymore?!

7. 2 nics working under 95 but not linux, RH 5.2

8. Screen 3.9.5 and GPM

9. A newbie would like to upgrade to Red 5.2 from 4.2: any suggestions

10. Active window in fvwm2-95

11. Can't Compile FVWM2-95 -HELP!

12. Adding commands to fvwm2-95 start-up?

13. Problems with fvwm2-95 on Solaris x86